Questions can be referred to the Borough Office at (814) 425-3365, Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm. Applications must be received by COB Monday, December 2, 2019.
c/o Personnel Committee
PO Box 66
Cochranton, PA 16314
Job Title: Cochranton Borough Manager
Supervisor: Cochranton Borough Council
The Borough Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the Borough, and shall be responsible to the Borough Council and will administrate the affairs of the borough. The Manager shall be responsible for the management of the borough according to Council polices and state law including the preparation and control of the budget, purchasing of supplies and equipment, preparation of various administrative and financial reports, disciplining of non-uniformed employees, letting and controlling of contracts, and the maintenance and control of Borough records and accounts. The Manager’s powers and duties shall relate to the general management of all Borough business not expressly, by statue, imposed or conferred upon other Borough officers. The Borough Manager also acts as the Borough Secretary.
Borough Services include the municipal water system, sewage treatment system, storm water management, street maintenance, parks, recycling, buildings and grounds and public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise all activities of the municipal departments
• Manage all borough personnel, including assignment of duties, training, discipline, scheduling, grievances and payroll. A follow up report will be made to Borough Council.
• Prepare and submit an Annual Budget
• Responsible for administration of the Budget following adoption
• Attend all meetings of Borough Council and committees
• Prepare agenda for meetings, monthly financial reports, information regarding proposed or existing projects
• Prepare final audit at close of the fiscal year
• Review and let contracts and permits – verify conformance with expressed terms
• Ensure all money owed the Borough is promptly paid and proper proceedings are taken for security and collection of all Borough claims
• Purchase equipment and supplies - receive and evaluate all bids for major purchases • Receive and respond to complaints regarding Borough personnel or services in a timely manner – Report to Borough Council on actions performed
• Supervise and manage the financial affairs of the Borough Treasury
• Perform related works as assigned by Borough Council
Duties of Borough Secretary
The Secretary shall be responsible to keep minutes of meetings and proceedings of the Borough Council. Shall transcribe and file the bylaws, rules, regulations, resolutions and ordinances adopted by the Borough Council and will have custody of all records
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Analyze problems, plans, projects, policies and Borough operations
• Develop new ways of resolving problems, restricting operations and accomplishing objectives
• Make decisions affecting immediate and long-range Borough operations and services provided to the public
• Plan clearly and effectively in order to provide efficient Borough operations and quality services to the public
• Be computer literate and able to use, transmit, receive and manipulate data and information commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet access and programs currently used by the Borough (QuickBooks and Excel)
Employee must possess a valid PA driver’s license
• Employee generally works in an office environment but may be required to work out of doors and be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
• Employee is in contact with the Borough Council, employees, local governments, various local, state and federal agencies, and is the public face of the Borough.
• Information exchanged deals with questions of considerable importance and often considerable complexity.
Employee’s actions are guided by state statue, Borough ordinances and policies, but employee must initiate independent action to carry out policies and ordinances. Employee directs the activities of all the Borough departments except the police department.